My Pet Masterpiece Show
- Entry fee $10 per artwork (2 max) or $20 for one oversized work beyond 2' any direction
- Students currently enrolled in FuntazticArt classes or ARTy-O Studio enter free
- Work submitted must be ready to display. No clip or saw tooth hangers accepted.
-Please note that any artwork that depicts obvious nudes will not be accepted.
- All submissions will be decided upon by artist and Curator of the Possum Trot Art Gallery Nina Ortiz, therefore please deliver pieces to her.
Delivery of Art
March 21, 11am - 1pm
or March 22, 11am - 1pm
Commissions 30/70 or NFS
Opening Reception Thursday, March 29, 6-8pm
Free and open to the public
Show runs from Opening thru Saturday, April 28th
Gallery viewing hours: Monday - Friday, 10am - 5pm
Contact: Nina Ortiz 843-997-4729 or FUNtasticART@yahoo.com
Call for Artists to participate in the Island Art Gallery’s Spring Show to be held May 2018. The show will hang in the gallery for the entire month.
Opening reception will be on Friday, May 4, 2018, 5:00- 7:30 pm.
-The theme of this show is: Magic of the Ordinary. (more info to follow)
-Submission: Artwork should be submitted by Thursday, April 26, 2018.
-Entry fee is $20 for artists outside the gallery. One entry per person.
1. Format – 12” x 24” x 1 ½” gallery wrap canvas. No frames or hanging devices. The gallery will bulk order some canvases with some specifically for “all media” for those watercolorists who wish to paint directly on a canvas. They will be for sale at the gallery, or you can purchase your own. The gallery wrap edges must be painted or finished in some manner. (No bare canvas edges.)
2. All work must be original, not created in a class or workshop, created in the past year, and not previously shown in Georgetown County, SC.
3. Artist MUST submit 3-4 sentences, on the application form, on your creative process. Did you paint plein art, from a photograph (your own or one with permission), any use of computers, or apps, or is it totally from your imagination, etc. The process should be transparent. This is to protect the gallery from possible lawsuits.
4. Work must be For Sale. Each piece will be offered for sale at $350. The gallery will take a 10% commission on any sale.
5. Please securely attach a tag to the back of the canvas with your name and contact information.
This show’s entries will be judged by an outside judge. There will also be a People’s Choice Award.
If you are interested in purchasing a canvas from us please contact Janelle Feeney if using oil or acrylics (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Cindy Silvers if using watercolors (email@example.com) so we can order enough of them.
We look forward to your participation in the May Show. If you have any questions please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the gallery (843-314-0298).
Island Art Gallery
Pawley Island, SC
May 2018 Art Show Committee
Winners Announced at the Opening Reception on November 3rd, 2017
Best In Show
"Gullah Reflections" by Midge Ovenshire
1st Place "Gifted Hands" by Patsy Givens
2nd Place "There's No Place Like Home" by William H. Miller
3rd Place "Gerogetown Harbor" by Brenda Lawson
Honorable Mention "Searching For Clean Water" by Nicole Hendricks
Honorable Mention "Happy Hour" by Johnnie Cowan
1st Place "Two Little Urchins" by Marsha Orr
2nd Place "Tickled Pink" by Sande Purcell
3rd Place "Back & White by Clarke Hayes
Honorable Mention "Marsh-view" by Jean Sacani
The Show runs until January 3rd at the Rice Museum, Georgetown, SC
Opening Reception for the Georgetown County Watercolor Society
Low Country Art Show 2017
Friday, November 3rd, 4-6 pm
Rice Museum, Georgetown, SC
Our GCWS 2017 workshop artist, Fritz Kapraun, is offering a wonderful opportunity to study with him in Italy next summer.
For more information, please visit his website: https://sites.google.com/site/architecturalportraits/